Skip to content


Below is a list of requests for the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) that can now be completed through our ISSO Portal.

Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new form as this will delay ISSO processing. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.


  • New Student Request - All admitted and deposited international students must provide additional information to the ISSO to determine if issuance of a Form I-20/DS-2019 is applicable.

  • Immigration Check-in - All new students and exchange visitors must provide copies of U.S. immigration documents upon entry to the U.S. for ISSO records.


  • Change of Education Level - If you are a current student and receive admission to a new degree program at Clark

  • Change of Financial Support (F-1) - If your sponsor changes while you are studying, you must submit new documentation to update your I-20.

  • Dependent Request - If you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent child (unmarried, under 21 years old) with you, after your initial I-20/DS-2019 has already been issued.

  • DS-2019 Reprint Request - If your existing DS-2019 was lost or stolen or you need a travel validation signature. 

  • I-20 Reprint Request - If your existing I-20 was lost, stolen, or you need a travel signature (select "travel" as the reprint reason). 

  • Leave of Absence - If you need to report your plan to take a temporary leave from Clark. Please do not submit this form until you have submitted a Leave of Absence request to the Dean of Students (Undergraduate students) or your Academic Dean (Graduate students).

  • Letter Request - If you need an official letter issued by ISSO for a Social Security Number (SSN), Military Service Deferral, or Travel Support.

  • Program Extension (F-1) - If you will not complete your academic program by the program end date stated on the I-20, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations.

  • Program Extension (J-1) - If you will not complete your program by the program end date stated on the DS-2019, you must apply for an extension in advance.

  • Reduced Course Load - Immigration regulations require F-1 students to maintain full-time enrollment each academic term. Students who need to drop below full-time must obtain prior approval from ISSO.

  • Transfer Out (F-1) - If you plan to transfer your F-1 status to another U.S. school, ISSO must first review your SEVIS record in advance.

  • Transfer Out (J-1) - If you plan to transfer your J-1 status to another U.S. school or program sponsor, ISSO must first review your SEVIS record in advance.


  • Academic Training (J-1) - J-1 students requesting advance off-campus work authorization for employment training or practical experience, related to their field of study.

  • Cap-Gap Extension - To extend your employment authorization if your employer has a pending H-1B petition to USCIS on your behalf

  • Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - F-1 students requesting off-campus work authorization, related to their program of study, prior to graduation. Note: CPT cannot be backdated if submitted late to ISSO.

  • On-Campus Employment (J-1) - J-1 students are required to register their on-campus employment with ISSO. Use this form to update your on-campus employer information for SEVIS reporting. Please do so as soon as you get the employment.

  • Off-Campus Employment - Severe Economic Hardship - F-1 students whose financial support suddenly changes and causes severe economic hardship, may be eligible to apply for off-campus employment after meeting with an international student advisor.

  • ‚ÄčOptional Practical Training (OPT) - F-1 students requesting work authorization for up to one year, related to their program of study.

    • SEVP OPT Portal -  Once your OPT is approved with an EAD card, you are required to report all employer details via the SEVP OPT Portal within 10 days of a change of employment.

  • STEM OPT Extension - F-1 students on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (DHS STEM approved programs) can apply for 24 months of additional OPT if they have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.

    • Report STEM OPT Participation - While on the STEM OPT extension, you must submit a "Validation Report" every 6 months starting from the date the OPT extension begins and ending when your F-1 status or the extension ends, whichever is first.

    • OPT Employment Update - Once your STEM OPT is approved with an EAD card, you are required to report all employer details and any material changes to the I-983 Training Plan directly to ISSO. This is in addition to the 6-month participation report required.